[Linganth] REMINDER: Adjunct Lecturer in LingAnth for Spring 2020

Faudree, Paja paja_faudree at brown.edu
Fri May 31 19:53:08 UTC 2019

*Adjunct Lecturer **in Linguistic Anthropology *

*Brown University*

*Spring 2020*

**** PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD AND DISSEMINATE WIDELY!!! ****

Brown University’s Department of Anthropology is seeking an Adjunct Lecturer
in Linguistic Anthropology for the coming academic year.  The visiting
instructor would teach two courses: an introductory lecture course in
linguistic anthropology for undergraduates, and a seminar in linguistic
anthropology for graduate students that is part of our doctoral program’s
core curriculum.  Ideally, the visiting instructor would teach both courses
in Spring 2020, although we would also consider hiring a scholar interested
in teaching the courses on an alternative schedule during the 2019-2020
academic year.  Our preference would be for a scholar who has already
completed a PhD in linguistic anthropology, sociolinguistics, or a related
discipline.  However, we will also consider scholars who are still ABD at
the time of application but have definitive plans to complete their degrees
within the coming year.  The position comes with no additional service or
research expectations or responsibilities, but we would welcome the scholar
who fills the position to participate fully in the vibrant intellectual
community in our department and the surrounding university community.

*To apply for this position, please send the following application
materials to Lisa A. Noble, Academic Department
Manager, Lisa_Noble at brown.edu <Lisa_Noble at brown.edu>:*

·      a letter of application, detailing not only your research experience
and plans but focusing specifically on your teaching qualifications

·      a current CV

·      the names of 3 references who can speak not only to your engagement
with linguistic anthropology as a research field but also to your skill and
experience as an instructor

*Review of applications will begin on June 1, 2019* and will continue until
the position is filled.  To receive full consideration, please submit all
application materials by June 1.

Please direct any inquiries about this position to Dr. Paja Faudree,
paja_faudree at brown.edu.
--
Paja Faudree