[Linganth] Book ideas for the Oxford Studies in the Anthropology of Language

Alessandro Duranti aduranti at anthro.ucla.edu
Tue Nov 12 19:30:10 UTC 2019

 Dear Colleagues,

     I would like to invite those of you who are working on a book ms that could go in the series I am editing for Oxford University Press  to send me a prospectus or brief summary of the main idea of the book and one finished chapter (email me separately at aduranti at anthro.ucla.edu<mailto:aduranti at anthro.ucla.edu>).  I will be happy to read your material and then arrange a meeting at the AAA Meetings in Vancouver if you are attending. I especially welcome books that are jargon-light and potentially useful for teaching.

Please go to the OUP web site to see the books that have already been published:

https://global.oup.com/academic/content/series/o/oxford-studies-in-the-anthropology-of-language-osantl/?cc=us&lang=en&

The series Oxford Studies in the Anthropology of Language is devoted to works from a wide array of scholarly traditions that treat linguistic practices as forms of social action. The series publishes two types of books: (1) those in which language itself is the main object of inquiry; and (2) those in which linguistic analysis is used as a method to shed light on other objects of inquiry. Books in this series are ethnographically rich and innovative in form and content, focusing on such issues as: linguistic inequality, old and new literacies, linguistic relativity, the contexts of linguistic change, language socialization, gendered language use, institutional discourse, agency and language, language contact, language endangerment and revitalization, poetics and performance, language ideologies, narrative analysis, and the aesthetics of language use.

Alessandro Duranti, Series Editor

Editorial Board: Patricia Baquedano-López, Donald Brenneis, Paul Garrett, Janet McIntosh, and Justin Richland

Alessandro Duranti
Distinguished Professor of Anthropology
Department of Anthropology
University of California, Los Angeles