[Linganth] LANSI 2019 Photos and Thank-you's

Hansun Zhang Waring hz30 at tc.columbia.edu
Mon Oct 28 18:19:00 UTC 2019

***Apologies for Cross-posting***

Dear AL/TESOL and LANSI Community:

More than 3 weeks ago on October 11th and 12th, AL/TESOL hosted the 9^th
meeting of /LANSI (The Language and Social Interaction Working Group)/.
We are finally pleased to share photos of the event:

https://www.facebook.com/pg/LANSITeachersCollege/photos/?tab=album&album_id=2549726978440281

We would like to take this opportunity to thank Di Yu—our LANSI
President for the past 2 years—for her stellar service and for being the
creator and creative director of our signature project #HumansOfLANSI
since #lansi2016, and please join me in welcoming Carol Lo, another
member of our #lansibunch (ALTESOL doctoral students, graduates, and
faculty in language use), in her new role as the 3^rd President of LANSI!

This year’s LANSI participants come from Australia, Finland, Germany,
Hong Kong, Japan, Mexico, Norway, Russia, UK, the Netherlands, and all
around the US-from Hawaii to New Jersey! Live tweets of their LANSI
experience throughout the conference are searchable by #lansi2019. The
2019 edition of #HumansOfLANSI is still ongoing, but to get a look at
what has been posted so far, please go to:**https://twitter.com/lansi_tc

Throughout the two days, many participants—both old-timers and
new-comers—continued to share with us their appreciation for the
intimate and deeply engaging forum LANSI provides, and all this would
not have been possible without the help of our wonderful volunteers,
including our /Humans of LANSI/ interviewers:

Sarah Carey

John Davis

Ayano Kawasaki

Allie King

Carol Lo

Yizixin Chen

Esther Chung

Xu Feng

Kelly Frantz

Tinglei (Sunshine) Huang

Gahye Song

Nadja Tadic

Junko Takahashi

Yuxin Yang

Risa Yuminaga

Xijia Wang

Finally, we would like to extend a special thank-you to our AL/TESOL
program associates, Carol Lo and Soo Joo, as well as our program
secretary Tamika Bota for their invaluable assistance throughout our
conference preparation and various post-conference matters.

We hope to see you all for our 10^th anniversary at #lansi2020 next year!

Warmly,

2019 LANSI Organizers

Hansun Waring

Di Yu

Lauren Carpenter

--
Dr. Hansun Zhang Waring
Associate Professor of Linguistics and Education