[Linganth] Disruptive Inequalities - call for contribution and autumn highlights

Alfonso Del Percio alfonso.delpercio at gmail.com
Mon Dec 21 09:33:45 UTC 2020

Hi everyone,

As always we are open for contributions to Disruptive Inequalities - an
ethnographic blog for public consumption, focused on how people resist or
cope with inequalities in everyday life.

Our autumn highlights include:

With love, from a non-expendible citizen
<https://disruptiveinequalities.com/2020/12/08/with-love-from-a-non-expendable-citizen/>
by
Amal Latif looking at struggles for Muslim women in an increasingly
nationalistic India,

Living on the beautiful edge: Escape routes from the city
<https://disruptiveinequalities.com/2020/11/23/living-on-the-beautiful-edge/>
by Hannah Cowan
- on how the centre and the peripheries of cities are changing their
meaning during lockdowns,

Disillusions of an early-career researcher in mass-produced academia
<https://disruptiveinequalities.com/2020/11/06/disillusions-of-an-early-career-researcher/>
by
anonymous - on how universities in the South are exploiting early-career
researchers,

The Dream is over - Chronicles from the Italian lockdown
<https://disruptiveinequalities.com/2020/10/09/the-dream-is-over-chronicles-from-the-italian-lockdown/>
by
Alfonso Del Percio on how capitalism has survived through lockdown and was
missed by academics talking utopia.

If you would like to contribute, check out our guidelines, and get in touch
with us or at our email address: disruptiveinequalities at gmail.com.

We welcome expressions of interests before the draft is submitted, and
also contributions from early career scholars. Thanks a lot!

Hannah Cowan (Hannah.Cowan at kcl.ac.uk) and Alfonso Del Percio (
a.percio at ucl.ac.uk)

--

*Dr Alfonso Del Percio*
*Associate Professor in Applied Linguistics*