[Linganth] Graduate Student Workshop Survey

Kristina Nielsen kniels at sas.upenn.edu
Mon Feb 10 17:53:00 UTC 2020

Dear Graduate Student Colleagues,

Many of you attended the graduate student workshops last year at the AAA
meeting in Vancouver. They were organized by the outgoing graduate student
representative, Lauren Deal, as a part of a wonderful initiative to offer
graduate students diverse training in data analysis. I am the new graduate
student representative for SLA and would like to continue the practice of
putting together workshops at the AAAs that will equip graduate students
with practical and exciting analytic tools for data collection and analysis.

In order to get a sense of what training would be useful for our graduate
student community, I’ve put together a short and simple survey. I would
appreciate it if graduate student members would take the time to fill it
out over the next few weeks. The link is below:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd5A-4LBPmcqvAO0kOhbo4Ms868YYCe9Au5CABbfzIbLAmCpQ/viewform?usp=sf_link

In addition to this survey, I would like to offer graduate students the
opportunity to help organize this or future workshops. If you are
interested in getting involved, please send me an email (
kniels at sas.upenn.edu).

I look forward to hearing from my fellow graduate students. Please reach
out if you have any questions or suggestions related to this or any other
issue.

Warm Wishes,

Kristina Nielsen

SLA Graduate Student Representative