[Linganth] Contributing to the SLA Hardship Grant

Constantine Nakassis cnakassi at uchicago.edu
Thu Jul 2 16:52:23 UTC 2020

Dear Colleagues,

You recently received an e-mail detailing the efforts of the Society for
Linguistic Anthropology
<http://amaa.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT0zMDEzMTM0JnA9MSZ1PTM3NDA4OTc1NCZsaT0yNDYwODA3NQ/index.html>
(SLA)
to help our most vulnerable members who have suffered financial hardship
due to the current COVID-19 pandemic and its effects through the SLA
Hardship Grant and Membership Waiver.

I am writing to announce two ways that members who are looking to help our
colleagues through this SLA endeavor—and expand our ability to do so in the
future—can do so. First, there is now a membership option called
“Sustaining dues,” which is set at $80. This is an optional category of
membership for members who would like to provide the SLA with support above
the categories they would otherwise register under (as of currently: $40,
Professional membership; $38 Retired membership; $0 Student membership).
The extra funds provided by such Sustaining dues in this fiscal year will
be devoted to offsetting and, if possible, expanding hardship grants.
Second, for those who have already registered, or would like to contribute
more (or less) than the additional $40 provided through Sustaining dues, we
have set up a fund through which gift contributions can be made to the SLA
to help fund, and if possible expand, the SLA’s hardship grants. If you're
in a position to donate, you may do so here
<http://amaa.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT0zMDEzMTM0JnA9MSZ1PTM3NDA4OTc1NCZsaT0yNDYwODA3Ng/index.html>.
Should you have any questions, please contact Constantine V. Nakassis
<cnakassi at uchicago.edu>.

We know that these are hard and trying times for all of us, and appreciate
all your support in assisting our more vulnerable members of the SLA
community!

Sincerely,

Constantine V. Nakassis

Secretary-Treasurer, Society for Linguistic Anthropology

--------------------------------
Constantine V. Nakassis
Associate Professor, Department of Anthropology,
Associate Faculty in the Departments of Cinema and Media Studies and
Comparative Human Development, The University of Chicago
Director, Committee on Southern Asian Studies (COSAS), The University of
Chicago
Treasurer, Society for Linguistic Anthropology
email: cnakassi at uchicago.edu, office: 773 834 4810

https://anthropology.uchicago.edu/people/faculty/constantine-v-nakassis
http://nakassis.com/constantine
http://chicagotamilforum.uchicago.edu