[Linganth] "A Gay Jew Discovers Israel in Arabic"

Matt Adler matthewpadler at gmail.com
Sun Jul 19 23:13:44 UTC 2020

Hi all-

I wanted to reach out with some information about my recently published
book entitled "More Than Just Hummus: A Gay Jew Discovers Israel in
Arabic".  It's available on Kindle, black-and-white paperback,
<https://www.amazon.com/dp/1735154601/ref=tmm_pap_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1594493247&sr=8-2>
and color interior paperback
<https://www.amazon.com/dp/1735154628/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=more+than+just+hummus&qid=1594493330&sr=8-1>
.

The true stories that comprise the book are in English, but the
interactions of the principal personalities are in Arabic (and sometimes
Arabic mixed with Hebrew).  As a minority language in Israel, it provides a
unique vantage point from which to explore Israeli society.  In addition, a
number of the stories deal with coming out in Arabic, adding the element of
sexuality to the discourse.

Thanks in advance for taking the time to read about my book.  I'm very
happy to answer any questions.

Salamaat, shalom, and greetings,

Matt Adler
Washington University in St. Louis 2008