[Linganth] Passing of Michael Silverstein

Constantine Nakassis cnakassi at uchicago.edu
Mon Jul 20 20:16:59 UTC 2020

Dear colleagues,

It is with much sadness that I inform you that our dear colleague, Michael
Silverstein passed away on Friday, July 17, 2020 from brain cancer.

https://news.uchicago.edu/story/michael-silverstein-groundbreaking-anthropologist-and-linguist-1945-2020

He did so much for our field, and he is so sorely missed.

With sadness,

--------------------------------
Constantine V. Nakassis
Associate Professor, Department of Anthropology,
Associate Faculty in the Departments of Cinema and Media Studies and
Comparative Human Development, The University of Chicago
Director, Committee on Southern Asian Studies (COSAS), The University of
Chicago
Treasurer, Society for Linguistic Anthropology
email: cnakassi at uchicago.edu, office: 773 834 4810

https://anthropology.uchicago.edu/people/faculty/constantine-v-nakassis
http://nakassis.com/constantine
http://chicagotamilforum.uchicago.edu