[Linganth] Language & Culture Course

Campbell, Rebecca rebecca.campbell at uconn.edu
Tue Jun 16 21:34:05 UTC 2020

Hi Shannon,
Perhaps you might be interested in my newest publication from my dissertation; it can be found here: https://doi.org/10.3102/0002831220924353<https://nam10.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fdoi.org%2F10.3102%2F0002831220924353&data=02%7C01%7Crebecca.campbell%40uconn.edu%7C5305fa40eca14df463c508d80fc4e00b%7C17f1a87e2a254eaab9df9d439034b080%7C0%7C0%7C637276685550473107&sdata=MXcgzSp4NCdKtme%2BEri3LeB5aSc5ZNLNHtIobU6F80g%3D&reserved=0>. The article is titled “Linguistic Re-Formation in Florida Heartland Schools: School Erasures of Indigenous Latino Languages” and it has just come out in the American Educational Research Journal (the flagship journal of the American Educational Research Association). I think the article provides a good example of work that is ground in and extends theory, offers clear explanations of method and data, and has an applied component. If you or any folks want to assign it as part of your/their syllabus, I would be glad to skype in for a class meeting to talk about it. The only thing I ask is that PDFs not be posted on blackboard and instead links used so that the actual counts of readers is accurate—my uni paid for it to be open access so links should work just fine.

Take care,

Rebecca A. Campbell-Montalvo, Ph.D.
Postdoctoral Research Associate
University of Connecticut