[Linganth] online linguistics classes

Bruce Mannheim mannheim at umich.edu
Fri Jun 19 21:19:28 UTC 2020

I recommend Ben Fortsoen's text, Indo-European language and culture
(Wiley, 2009).  It's pedagogically strong and accessible to advanced
undergrads--but the student sounds precocious, so it might do the
trick.   Starting from archaeology, but with a fairly sophisticated
grasp of the linguistics of Indo-European (these are two areas that
rarely get put together successfully), I recommend David Anthony's
*very readable* The horse, the wheel, and language. How bronze-age
riders from the Eurasian steppes shaped the modern world.

Bruce

Bruce Mannheim,
Professor of Anthropology
University of Michigan
1085 S. University Ave.
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1107

tel. +734.276.1627
telf: +51-992.97.64.97
& whatsapp

Ankamanta chaskisunki A2

I acknowledge that the University of Michigan, named for Michigami,
the world's largest freshwater system and located in the Huron River
watershed, was formed and has grown through connections with the land
stewarded by Niswi Ishkodewan Anishinaabeg: The Three Fires People who
are the Ojibwe, Odawa, and Potawatomi along with their neighbors, the
Seneca, Delaware, Shawnee and Wyandot Nations.