[Linganth] SLA 2020 Spring Conference Update: COVID-19

Kira Hall kira.hall at colorado.edu
Tue Mar 3 22:33:39 UTC 2020

[https://AmAA.informz.net/AmAA/data/images/SLAlogo_white.png?cb=294834]

Important Update

Dear SLA members and SLA 2020 Participants:

This email provides information about the current lodging situation at SLA 2020 as well as conference preparations regarding COVID-19.

Lodging: The last day that you can book a room at the discounted rate is this Friday, March 6. The block we reserved at the Embassy Suites is currently sold out, but we have reserved another block in the neighboring Hilton Garden Inn, which will also be hosting conference events. Please make your reservation at the SLA/CLASP Booking Link<http://AmAA.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT0yODg4ODY2JnA9MSZ1PTM3NDA5Mjc1NyZsaT0yMjczMzAwMA/index.html> to enjoy the special discounted room rate. Reservations may be cancelled free of charge up until 11:59 pm, Mountain Standard Time, March 30, 2020. For more information on the two hotels or to see the full conference program, please visit our online program at https://trello.com/b/WDRouMFF<http://AmAA.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT0yODg4ODY2JnA9MSZ1PTM3NDA5Mjc1NyZsaT0yMjczMzAwMQ/index.html>.

COVID-19 concerns: The SLA, in conjunction with the AAA, is closely monitoring updates from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention<http://AmAA.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT0yODg4ODY2JnA9MSZ1PTM3NDA5Mjc1NyZsaT0yMjczMzAwMg/index.html> regarding the situation in communities where cases of the virus have been confirmed. Currently, the CDC has not advised travel restrictions for air travel into or out of Colorado or any other US state. However, the SLA is currently working with the AAA's legal team and the Boulder Hiltons about potential options should the CDC's recommendation change in the coming weeks. Should we hold the conference on April 2-4 in Boulder as is currently planned, please be assured that our team will work closely with the hotel to insure all CDC-recommended behaviors and procedures are in place.

For future updates about the conference, please make sure to check the AAA-sponsored 2020 SLA Society for Linguistic Anthropology Spring Conference Community site<http://AmAA.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT0yODg4ODY2JnA9MSZ1PTM3NDA5Mjc1NyZsaT0yMjczMzAwMw/index.html>. This is the main outlet for our communication with conference registrants. Each time we post to this site, all registrants will receive an email through the 2020 SLA Community email, which is sent from the American Anthropological Association. If you are a registered participant and have not been receiving these emails, please check your spam. If you have your account set to a monthly register, you might want to change the configuration so that you receive our correspondence about the conference more regularly.

We ask for your patience as we continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation closely, and we thank the AAA for their concerned attention to achieving the best possible result for our organization. As always, we welcome your comments and feedback at slaboulder at gmail.com<mailto:slaboulder at gmail.com>.

Sincerely yours,

Kira Hall
SLA President
On behalf of the SLA Executive Board and SLA 2020 Organizing Committee

[https://images.informz.net/Static/spacer-long.png]

[https://AmAA.informz.net/AmAA/data/images/Trending-Generic-centered-swirl-92-52.png?cb=349920]
American Anthropological Association
2300 Clarendon Blvd.