[Linganth] Call for ACYIG invited session at AAA 2020

Elise Berman eberman at uncc.edu
Mon Mar 16 16:38:41 UTC 2020

Dear all,

I know all of us are very busy right now and having a hard time thinking
about the 2020 AAAs! ACYIG (Anthropology of Childhood and Youth Interest
Group), does have a call out, however, for an invited session and,
unsurprisingly, few responses at this time!  A language socialization
session would be very suitable, or anything else having to do with children
or kids! So please take a look at this -- we will be flexible with the
deadline although can't extend it too far (unless the AAA extends their
deadline which they probably should do. Click on the link below for more
information.

Sincerely
Elise

http://acyig.americananthro.org/2020/03/13/call-for-an-invited-session-at-the-2020-aaas-in-st-louis/?fbclid=IwAR0APtJvn2PAqeiL-S7qnzEHUE1vuKDCtNJz30XpItU4kaCb-6c1gE-swDE

--
Elise Berman
Assistant Professor

*Talking Like Children: Language and the Production of Age in the Marshall
Islands.
<https://global.oup.com/academic/product/talking-like-children-9780190876982?cc=us&lang=en&>*Oxford
University Press
<https://global.oup.com/academic/product/talking-like-children-9780190876982?cc=us&lang=en&>

Force Signs: Ideologies of Corporal Discipline in Academia and the Marshall
Islands
https://anthrosource.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1111/jola.12175