[Linganth] SLA Portion of Raising Our Voices

SLA Online soclinganth at gmail.com
Thu Nov 5 19:37:34 UTC 2020

Dear colleagues in linguistic anthropology,

The SLA portion of the Raising Our Voices live-streamed program begins
tomorrow!  Please know that you can still register to attend the
AAA-sponsored events (students: $10.00; under/unemployed $10.00;
professional $50.00). Other events, including many of the events listed
below as well as the SLA Business Meeting on Friday, November 13th, *are
open to everyone*.

*G**raduate students*, please consider joining Bernie Perley, myself, and
other faculty members and graduate students *tomorrow* (Friday) at 11:00 ET
to discuss this pressing question: “You’re a Graduate Student in Linguistic
Anthropology: Now What?”  It’s open to everyone - zoom link below!

The link for the Raising Our Voices Portal can be found here
<https://secure.americananthro.org/eweb/DynamicPage.aspx?Site=AAAWeb&WebCode=LoginRequired&URL_success=https://www.eventScribe.com/2020/ROV/login/loginregproc.asp?userToken=%7Bcst_key%7D>.
At this link can find all the links for the live-stream events. I have also
forwarded the flyer below from the AAA with more information about the
forum.

In addition to the SLA-sponsored sessions listed below, linguistic
anthropologists are scattered everywhere on the program (e.g., Sherina
Feliciano-Santos, Shalini, Shankar, Jonathan Rosa, Charles Briggs,
Christine Mallinson, Leigh Swigart, Laura Graham, among many many others).

I hope you will join in—

Kira Hall, on behalf of the SLA Executive Board

**********
SLA-sponsored events:
 Friday Nov 6:
 ◦ 11:00 am-12:30 pm ET, “You’re a Graduate Student in Linguistic
Anthropology: Now What?”
Register in advance for this meeting:
https://cuboulder.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJUlceGppj8jGNdWYJpsxMYPxxgPqAxsbDjk

 ◦ 5:00-6:00 pm ET, “Going Virtual: Linguistic Anthropological Methods in
Online Contexts”
 ◦ 6:15-7:15 pm, ET, “A Conversation with Linguistic Anthropologists
Outside the Academy”
 Saturday Nov 7:
 ◦ 1:00-3:00 pm ET, Language and Social Justice (LSJ) Open Meeting
Register in advance for this meeting:
https://duke.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJwrdeqopj4rHtbB65iU_BQfL8f72NniTbQ9

 ◦ 5:00-6:00 pm ET, “Making Progress While Stranded in Crisis: Graduate
Student Experiences and Adaptations in 2020”
 Tuesday Nov 10:
 ◦ 3:45-4:45 pm ET, Undergraduate Student Prize Panel
 ◦ 5:00-6:00 pm ET, Graduate Student Paper Prize Panel
 Thursday Nov 12:
 ◦ 2:30-3:30 pm ET, “Semiotics of Planetary Health and Justice”
 Friday Nov 13:
 ◦ 12:30-2:30 pm ET SLA Business Meeting (open to everyone)

   Join zoom meeting (passcode 292478):
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87430571418?pwd=ZnFyeFMxSHNlaTk3d1FHK1RvNXl0QT09

--
*Society for Linguistic Anthropology Online*
Digital Media Director: Elizabeth Falconi  (University of West Georgia)