[Linganth] Friday 11 am Ling Anth Grad Student Discussion

Kristina Nielsen kniels at sas.upenn.edu
Fri Nov 6 04:52:46 UTC 2020

Hello Friends and Colleagues,

I'm writing to highlight an opportunity for Linguistic Anthropology
graduate students *Friday, Nov 6th  at 11 am* ET at the AAA virtual
conference. The event is titled: “You’re a Graduate Student in Linguistic
Anthropology, Now What" and is meant to be a forum for grad students to
take advise and have their voices heard.

 Grad students can register here:

https://cuboulder.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJUlceGppj8jGNdWYJpsxMYPxxgPqAxsbDjk

SLA board members and linguitic anthropology faculty will be participating
in this 90 minute conversation. This will also be a great networking
opportunity and space to meet other grad students.

Please spread the word and we hope to see you there!

Program:

Segment 1, hearing from students; what are your concerns?

Segment 2, what are you doing to stay sane?

Segment 3, brainstorm about the uncertain future we are all facing.

Faculty mentors invited to participate-

Kira Hall, SLA President

Laurie Graham,

Kathleen Riley,