[Linganth] Natural Language Processing (AI, machine analysis)

Samer Mahdy Ali samerali at umich.edu
Mon Oct 19 13:19:53 UTC 2020

Dear colleagues,

Does anyone have information or recommendations for tools that can assist
with analysis of corpora of natural language and particularly expressive
language?  We have some leads on LIWC and IBM's Watson, but I'm not so sure
how useful they would be for massive corpus analysis of expression.

Any leads or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance,
kind regards,
Samer

*Samer M. Ali <https://umich.academia.edu/SamerAli>* - University of
Michigan

Pronoun <https://uwm.edu/lgbtrc/support/gender-pronouns/>: he/him/his

*Director**, *Global Islamic Studies Center
<https://ii.umich.edu/content/ii-directory/islamicstudies/en.html>

*Director**, *Cent <https://www.ii.umich.edu/cmenas>er for Middle Eastern &
North African Studies <https://www.ii.umich.edu/cmenas>

*Associate Professor, *Department of Middle East Studies

*Chair*, Islamophobia Working Group [DEI Climate Issues]

*We acknowledge that the University of Michigan, named for Michigami, the
world’s largest freshwater system, sits on land stewarded by Niswi
Ishkodewan Anishinaabeg--the Three Fires People, who are the Ojibwe, Odawa,
and Potawatomi--along with their neighbors the Seneca, Delaware, Shawnee,
and Wyandot nations.*