[Linganth] Reminder: SLA Remote Junior Scholars Workshop: Dec. 2020

Jessica Pouchet j.pouchet at bucknell.edu
Fri Oct 23 23:28:32 UTC 2020

Do you want feedback on your latest writing project?

Would you like to meet collegial peers from other institutions?

Would a friendly deadline help you get that article or chapter finished?

If so, sign up for the SLA Remote Junior Scholars Workshop this December!

Inspired by another section's successful launch of a similar event, I am
organizing a free workshop for junior scholars in linguistic anthropology,
broadly understood as anyone post- (or practically post-) Ph.D. and not
tenured.

The goal is to create a supportive, collegial, and productive space for
junior scholars in linguistic anthropology as we navigate the publishing
demands and precarity of the untenured years and prepare to become the
future leaders of SLA. You do not need an affiliation or paycheck to
participate.

The format is as follows: interested participants should submit an abstract
for the writing project they would like to workshop using this form
<https://forms.gle/UiRJTvSspwH38nyz5> *by Oct. 30th*. I will then group
participants into threes, loosely based on shared interests to the extent
possible. Then, by Nov. 30, participants will share their manuscripts with
their small group. During the week of Dec.7th, the three of you will find a
time to meet online and share your feedback with each other. You then get
to close the calendar year with an improved manuscript and a larger
professional network.

Depending on interest, we may also be able to organize a larger group
gathering for additional networking and conversation on shared concerns.

Please be in touch with any questions, comments, or suggestions.

Best,

Jessica
--
Jessica Pouchet, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor & C. Graydon and Mary E. Rogers Faculty Fellow

office: Academic West 331
email: j.pouchet at bucknell.edu
phone: +1 570 577 1206
pronouns: she/her/hers