[Linganth] SLA conference new schedule!

SLA Online soclinganth at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 17:30:01 UTC 2021

2
<http://amaa.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT0zMjA0MTQwJnA9MSZ1PTM3NDA5Mjc1NyZsaT0yNzU3OTg2Ng/index.html>

Dear members and friends of the Society for Linguistic Anthropology,

I am writing in my capacity as President of the SLA to announce that the
SLA conference, postponed twice from its original date because of the
COVID-19 pandemic, has now been rescheduled again to *Fall 2021, September
30-October 2*. We are grateful to the AAA and to the Hilton venue for
working with us to secure the new date and to our plenary speakers for
confirming their participation. We are hoping that the vaccine will be
broadly distributed by then and that we will be able to welcome you safely
to a celebratory fall weekend in Boulder. The conference will officially
begin on the morning of *September 30, 2021 *(Thursday) and continue
through the evening of *October 2, 2021 *(Saturday), with pre-conference
events scheduled for Wednesday afternoon, September 29.

*Schedule updates:* For now, we are retaining the original schedule, which
can be found on our SLA Trello site
<http://amaa.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT0zMjA0MTQwJnA9MSZ1PTM3NDA5Mjc1NyZsaT0yNzU3OTg2OA/index.html>,
now revised to reflect the new conference dates: We will of course adjust
the schedule accordingly for those of you who find you cannot make the new
date. In addition, since much time has passed since the original conference
date, we will be encouraging all participants on the program to update
their panels and abstracts as needed, and we will also be soliciting new
proposals for panels, posters, and individual papers. We will be inviting
these revisions and submissions in early April, so please stay tuned.

*Registration:* You may register for the conference at any time at the
conference
link
<http://amaa.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT0zMjA0MTQwJnA9MSZ1PTM3NDA5Mjc1NyZsaT0yNzU3OTg2OQ/index.html>
 on the AAA website. If you know that you will be unable to attend the new
dates and would like a registration refund, we ask that you email our
conference team at your earliest convenience at slaboulder at gmail.com. We
realize that this is an evolving situation, so we will be accepting
cancellations at least through *May 15*; however, a response sooner rather
than later would enable us to better anticipate and rework the revised
program. Unfortunately, we do not have the support capacity to hold a
concurrent virtual setup, but we will do our best to work with panel
organizers to schedule an occasional online presentation for individuals
who are unable to travel.

*Travel arrangements:* The conference will be held in the same hotel venue
as before, The Hiltons on Canyon in Boulder, Colorado. The Hiltons are
working closely with the AAA to make sure that the transition to the new
date runs smoothly. In the next week, they will be moving all rooms
previously booked at the discount rate in the conference block to the new
conference date, so you do not need to change the reservations yourself. If
you would like to book a room in the conference block but did not do so
previously, you can book a room here
<http://amaa.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT0zMjA0MTQwJnA9MSZ1PTM3NDA5Mjc1NyZsaT0yNzU3OTg3MA/index.html>.
Should you find that you cannot attend the conference, you may cancel your
hotel reservations for a full refund up until a week before the conference
takes place in September. We are also pleased to hear that many airlines
are still allowing travelers to change their reservations without penalty,
so we suggest you arrange your new tickets as soon as possible.

We are hoping that we will be able to come together in the Fall to
celebrate the end of what has been a very difficult time for all of us. And
if this new date works, as we believe it will, we will definitely
celebrate! The conference organizers have put into place an intellectually
stimulating program, filled with friendly breaks for libations, gourmet
food, and conversation. We hope you will join us.

Warm wishes to all,

Kira Hall, SLA President
With the SLA Executive Board and the SLA Fall Conference Organizers

*Connect with SLA*
[image: facebook]
<http://amaa.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT0zMjA0MTQwJnA9MSZ1PTM3NDA5Mjc1NyZsaT0yNzU3OTg3MQ/index.html>
<http://amaa.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT0zMjA0MTQwJnA9MSZ1PTM3NDA5Mjc1NyZsaT0yNzU3OTg2Ng/index.html>
[image: twitter]
<http://amaa.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT0zMjA0MTQwJnA9MSZ1PTM3NDA5Mjc1NyZsaT0yNzU3OTg3Mw/index.html>

Mailed from the American Anthropological Association
2300 Clarendon Blvd., Suite 1301 • Arlington, VA 22201-3386
<https://www.google.com/maps/search/2300+Clarendon+Blvd.,+Suite+1301+%E2%80%A2+Arlington,+VA+22201-3386?entry=gmail&source=g>
tel: 703.528.1902 • fax: 703.228.3546

Click here to manage your email preferences or unsubscribe.
<http://amaa.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT0zMjA0MTQwJnU9Mzc0MDkyNzU3JmxpPTI3NTc5ODc0Jmw9aHR0cHM6Ly9BbUFBLmluZm9ybXoubmV0L0FtQUEvcGFnZXMvU3Vic2NyaXB0aW9uTWFuYWdlbWVudD9fenM9N2pJM1h8X3ptaT1tUk9H/index.html>

--
*Society for Linguistic Anthropology Online*
Digital Media Director: Elizabeth Falconi  (University of West Georgia)