[Linganth] Upcoming memorials for Leila Monaghan

Lise Dobrin lise.dobrin at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 16:33:38 UTC 2022

Dear friends,

It was touching to read the outpourings of care and admiration for Leila Monaghan, whose presence in the Linganth community is sorely missed. I have offered to help Leila’s family spread the word to her colleagues about two memorial gatherings that will be taking place later this month:

- Friday April 22, 2022, at 4pm at Leila’s brother’s house in Charlottesville, VA, where her father now lives
- Sunday April 24, 2022, at 3pm in Park Slope, Brooklyn, NY, where Leila grew up and where she still has many friends

Leila’s family welcomes anyone who cares about Leila to join for these events. But because they have some space limitations they would like to be contacted first rather than have people just show up. You can communicate your desire to attend and get more details on the plan and location by reaching out to Leila’s sister Claire at clementinecrafts123 at gmail.com <mailto:clementinecrafts123 at gmail.com>. They will apparently be live-streaming the speeches during the Brooklyn memorial; if I get more info on that I will share it here.

Lise

Lise M. Dobrin
Associate Professor
Department of Anthropology