[Linganth] Project links: SLA Outreach Award

Steven Patrick Black sblack at gsu.edu
Mon Dec 5 17:35:01 UTC 2022

Dear all,
I just wanted to respond to requests from the SLA award meeting for more information (that might be utilized in teaching courses, for example) about my team’s project, which was the recipient of the SLA Award for Public Outreach and Community Service.

Here are two public-facing products of our work:

A website, with a Spanish version and an English version, that serves as a landing page/ public information page about the project: https://sites.gsu.edu/historiasdeboruca/english/

And a page where you can download a digital copy of the ethnography photography booklet, which is written for general/ non-anthropological audiences (especially for community members in Boruca): https://scholarworks.gsu.edu/anthro_facpub/25/

We do have one short methodologically-focused piece under review for American Anthropologist now, and one other chapter in progress, but no peer-reviewed publications as of yet.

We hope that these are useful to some!
Take care,
Steve

Steven P. Black
(One of the great things about email is that it is asynchronous mediated communication. Therefore, please do not expect an immediate response)
Associate Professor and Director of Graduate Studies/ Department of Anthropology / Georgia State University
National Geographic Explorer (2021-2022)
Treasurer / Society for Medical Anthropology / American Anthropological Association
Senior Editor / Oxford Research Encyclopedia of Anthropology
The Global Health Discourse Project<http://sites.gsu.edu/sblack/> / GSU Anthropology<https://anthropology.gsu.edu/> / Book: Speech and Song at the Margins of Global Health<https://www.rutgersuniversitypress.org/speech-and-song-at-the-margins-of-global-health/9780813597713>
*Graduate student forms can be found HERE<https://cas.gsu.edu/academics-admissions/required-milestones/>*