[Linganth] Leila Monaghan

Stephanie Feyne stefeyne at gmail.com
Thu Feb 24 00:50:07 UTC 2022

Thank you Erika - What a lovely panel.
I'm hoping to be able to attend - and selfishly crossing my fingers that it
might also be virtual:)

I wanted to add that in addition to her scholarship, Leila walked the walk.
Even while ill, knowing the critical lack of accessible information, she
created a facebook page open to the Deaf community where COVID 19
information was available in various signed languages.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/107269675111/

And on a personal note, not only was she a deep thinker and a gentle
loving person, she was very generous in supporting newer scholars, and
offered me space to present at my first AAA conference.

I hold her dearly, as do you all.

Kind virtual hugs in her memory and condolences to her family and all who
care about her,

Stephanie