[Linganth] Research on anti-Black discourses/language in Eastern Europe

Loralee Donath donathl at carcosa.net
Wed Mar 16 21:20:37 UTC 2022

Here are a couple articles on white supremacy in the Ukraine government;
there is a section about language laws at the end of the Nation article:

https://www.thenation.com/article/politics/neo-nazis-far-right-ukraine/

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/3/1/who-are-the-azov-regiment

~Lori Donath

On 3/16/2022 10:37 AM, Jennifer Delfino wrote:

> Hello linganth folks,
>

> I have an undergraduate student who wants to do a (short) research
> paper on anti-Black discourses/language in Eastern Europe. She is
> specifically interested in analyzing these discourses in Ukraine,
> given recent events. Does anyone have suggestions for articles or
> books that would help her frame what is going on in Ukraine, or is
> anyone currently working on this very recent issue?
>

> Thanks!
>

> Jen
>

> Jennifer B. Delfino, Ph.D. (she/her)
> Associate Editor, /Journal of Linguistic Anthropology/
> Distinguished CUNY Scholar, Advanced Research Collaborative, The
> CUNY Graduate Center
> Author, /Speaking of Race: Language, Identity, and Schooling Among
> African American Children
> <https://rowman.com/ISBN/9781793606488/Speaking-of-Race-Language-Identity-and-Schooling-Among-African-American-Children>
> /(2020, Lexington Books)
> Assistant Professor, Academic Literacy and Linguistics
> Borough of Manhattan Community College
> The City University of New York
> JDelfino at bmcc.cuny.edu

“I believe firmly that to practice love is to disrupt the status quo, which is masquerading as peace.” --Austin Channing Brown