[Linganth] Research on anti-Black discourses/language in Eastern Europe

Alexander M. Thomson alexander.thomson at ucla.edu
Fri Mar 18 19:21:39 UTC 2022

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/03/17/world/europe/ukraine-putin-nazis.html

Here's another article on how Putin is using a discourse of
“de-nazification” to justify his war in the Ukraine. I found the quote by
Eduard Dolinsky, director general of the Ukrainian Jewish Committee,
insightful: “This problem [i.e. the contemporary existence of neo-nazi
groups and the historical celebration of Ukrainian collaborators] did and
does exist, but it has of course receded 10 times in importance compared to
the threat posed by Russia in its alleged fight against Nazism.”

Alexander M. Thomson, Ph.D.
Lecturer (2021 to 2022)
Department of Anthropology
University of California, Los Angeles