[Linganth] part. obs. with groups

Mary Bucholtz bucholtz at ucsb.edu
Mon Oct 17 18:45:31 UTC 2022

Jamaal Muwwakkil has an excellent forthcoming piece in Transforming Anthropology on being a Black progressive researcher doing an ethnography of the discourse of young white conservatives. The article discusses how he navigated the challenges of this complex situation.

Best,

Mary

Mary Bucholtz, Professor
she/her/they/them/their

Department of Linguistics
3432 South Hall
University of California, Santa Barbara
Santa Barbara, CA 93106-3100

Situated on the traditional, ancestral, and unceded
territory of the Chumash people

bucholtz.linguistics.ucsb.edu/

Zoom Room: https://ucsb.zoom.us/my/marybucholtz