[Linganth] LANSI 2022

Hansun Zhang Waring hz30 at tc.columbia.edu
Tue Oct 18 20:43:09 UTC 2022

Dear LANSI Community:

This past weekend on October 14th and 15th, we hosted the 10^th Meeting
of /LANSI (The Language and Social Interaction Working Group)/. We are
now pleased to share photos of the event:
https://www.tc.columbia.edu/lansi/photo-gallery/

It was a magical gathering with unprecedented energy after a 2-year
hiatus brought on by the pandemic, where for two days in GDH 179, we
hugged, listened, talked, laughed, and cried (yes, cried), where we were
reminded once again of the power of language and social interaction –
the very object of our investigation -- in its full multimodal glory.
Live tweets of our LANSI experience throughout the conference are
searchable by #lansi2022. The 2022 edition of #HumansOfLANSI is still
ongoing, but to get a look at what has been posted so far, please go
to:**https://twitter.com/lansi_tc <https://twitter.com/lansi_tc>

Throughout the two days, many participants—both old-timers and
new-comers—continued to share with us their excitement about returning
to the “intellectually deep and interpersonally friendly” forum LANSI
provides, and all this would not have been possible without the help of
our wonderful volunteers and amazing attendees.

Thank you all, and we hope to see you at #lansi2023 next year!

Warmly,

2022 LANSI Organizers

Hansun Zhang Waring, Carol Lo, Allie King, and Lauren Carpenter

--

Dr. Hansun Zhang Waring
Professor of Linguistics and Education