[Linganth] SLA deadlines

Perley, Bernard bernard.perley at ubc.ca
Fri Jan 13 20:11:04 UTC 2023

Dear SLA members,

I hope you all are well.

I wanted to alert you to a couple of important deadlines.  The first is the deadline of January 15 for the student prizes.  I know you have brilliant students and I would love to celebrate their work.  So please send us your candidate essays/papers for the student prize.  Here is the link for more information-Reminder: Annual Student Essay Prizes (due Jan. 15, 2023) - Society for Linguistic Anthropology<https://www.linguisticanthropology.org/blog/2022/11/21/reminder-annual-student-essay-prizes/>
Society for Linguistic Anthropology

remove preview

Reminder: Annual Student Essay Prizes (due Jan. 15, 2023) - Society for Linguistic Anthropology

The Society for Linguistic Anthropology holds an annual student essay competition at both undergraduate and graduate levels. In order to be eligible for one of these awards, the applicant must have been either a graduate or undergraduate student in a degree-granting program when the paper was written; must be the sole author of the paper; and must submit the paper no more than two years after it was written.

View this on Society for Linguistic Anthropology ><https://www.linguisticanthropology.org/blog/2022/11/21/reminder-annual-student-essay-prizes/>

The other deadline is for submitting AAA Executive Sessions.  Proposals are due January 25.  I do believe our work is essential to how anthropology can be relevant in coming years.  We have to share our work with our colleagues.  So please think about your work and how it informs the annual meeting theme "Transitions" and organise and submit your proposals.  Here is the link for more information- https://annualmeeting.americananthro.org/submissions/executive-call-for-participation/#toc_View_the_Full_Executive_Call_for_Participation_from

Thank you all for your continued support for SLA and our fellow members.
All best wishes,
Bernie