[Linganth] 11th LANSI Program Available and Registration Open!

Waring, Hansun hz30 at tc.columbia.edu
Mon Jul 31 18:21:05 UTC 2023

Apologies for cross-posting; please distribute widely.

Dear Colleagues:

We are excited to invite you to the 11th Annual Meeting of /The Language
and Social Interaction Working Group/ (LANSI), which is scheduled to
take place on *Oct 13-14 (Friday and Saturday) *at Teachers College,
Columbia University. The full conference program
<https://www.tc.columbia.edu/lansi/conference/view-programs/> is now
available.

This year, we are delighted to have *Tanya Stivers* and *Steven Talmy
*as our invited speakers, and we can’t wait to hear these talks and many
others:

*(1)**To err is human, but to persist is diabolical: Reproaching
departures in social interaction (Tanya Stivers, UCLA)*

**

**

**

*(2)**CA/MCA for DEI: A case for motivated looking (Steven Talmy, UBC)*

Pre-registration is now open. Space is limited. Click here
<https://www.tc.columbia.edu/lansi/conference/registration/> to take
advantage of our pre-registration rate.

Looking forward to seeing you (again) in New York City in the beautiful
season of Fall!

Warm regards,

2023 LANSI Organizers
Hansun Zhang Waring