[Linganth] Reminder: Please fill out the mentoring surveys by tonight

Sandhya K Narayanan snarayanan at unr.edu
Thu Jun 8 04:32:58 UTC 2023

Hi all,

Just a friendly reminder that the SLA mentoring surveys are closing tonight. The SLA program committee will start reviewing the applications that we have received over the next couple of days.

Couple of last thoughts (of encouragement) for those who may be on the fence for filling out any of the surveys:

  1.  We envision this program to unite linguistic anthropologists across various professions. Therefore, this survey is not intended only for those who are in academic professions, or for mentees only thinking about working in academia. Those members who are in industry, as well as mentees seeking mentorship on other kinds of professional guidance should definitely fill out the survey.
  2.  Mid-career faculty (aka. post-tenure faculty at the Associate level) as well as those recently in TT positions or any other junior-professional level should also feel free to fill out the mentee survey. In the question asking about professional level, select the "Other" option and indicate the stage of their career that they are in.

We are looking forward to reviewing the responses and kick-starting the SLA mentorship program.

Happy summers,
SLA Program Committee

Sandhya Krittika Narayanan
Assistant Professor of Anthropology | Linguistic Anthropology
Department of Anthropology
University of Nevada-Reno

UNR is situated within the traditional homelands of the Numu (Northern Paiute), Nuwu (Southern Paiute), Newe (Western Shoshone), and the Wašiw (Washoe) Peoples.