[Linganth] Celebrate 75 issues and 40 years of Québec Studies with selected free to read articles

Burns, Alice [alicelb] Alice.Burns at liverpool.ac.uk
Wed Jun 21 14:49:44 UTC 2023

Celebrate 75 issues and 40 years of Québec Studies with selected free to read articles

Liverpool University Press is delighted to share the news that QUÉBEC STUDIES<https://www.liverpooluniversitypress.co.uk/journal/qs> is celebrating its 40th Anniversary with the 75th issue of the journal. Published on behalf of the American Council for Québec Studies<http://www.acqs.org/>, Québec Studies is a twice yearly, fully refereed journal, publishing articles dealing with all aspects of Québec society and Francophone Canadian culture. To celebrate this milestone, we are pleased to share a message from the journal’s Editor-in-chief: Amy J. Ransom, from Central Michigan University:

Québec Studies is celebrating its 40th anniversary with its Spring/Summer 2023 issue! Founded by a handful of U.S-based scholars in 1983 to promote the study of Québec and the French presence in the rest of North America, the journal now reflects an international perspective. To consider the challenges and changes it faced over the past four decades, a group of past editors gathered at our parent organization’s recent meeting, the American Council for Québec Studies Biennial Conference last October. […]

The anniversary issue also includes selected reflections from past editors on the journal’s evolution from our October 2022 gathering. Québec Studies welcomes submissions in French and in English on virtually any aspect of Québécois culture and society, as well as analyses of the fait Français in the rest of Canada and the United States.

We are also pleased to share a selection of Free to Read articles to celebrate the 40th Anniversary of Québec Studies, chosen by the journal’s editors (past and present) to represent each decade of the journal’s publication with an article from each era. The following articles are free to read via the Liverpool University Press website for one month:

1980s: LOUIS BALTHAZAR

‘QUÉBEC NATIONALISM AFTER TWENTY-FIVE YEARS<https://www.liverpooluniversitypress.co.uk/doi/10.3828/qs.5.1.29>‘.

ISSUE 5 (1987)

1990s: JANE KOUSTAS

‘QUEBEC LITERATURE IN TRANSLATION: LOADED CANONS<https://www.liverpooluniversitypress.co.uk/doi/10.3828/qs.23.1.43>‘.

ISSUE 23 (1997)

2000s: PAMELA V. SING

‘EDMONTON IMAGINAIRE CHEZ JACQUES FERRON, NANCY HUSTON, ET PAULETTE BLANCHETTE-DUBÉ<https://www.liverpooluniversitypress.co.uk/doi/10.3828/qs.40.1.19>‘.

ISSUE 40 (2005)

2010s: DARRYL LEROUX

‘QUÉBEC NATIONALISM AND THE PRODUCTION OF DIFFERENCE: THE BOUCHARD-TAYLOR COMMISSION, THE HÉROUXVILLE CODE OF CONDUCT, AND QUÉBEC’S IMMIGRANT INTEGRATION POLICY<https://www.liverpooluniversitypress.co.uk/doi/10.3828/qs.49.1.107>‘.

ISSUE 49 (2010)

2020s: JEAN MORENCY

‘SOLITAIRES MAIS SOLIDAIRES: LE RAPPORT AU CONTINENT ET À LA NATION CHEZ JACQUES POULIN, LOUIS HAMELIN ET ÉRIC PLAMONDON<https://www.liverpooluniversitypress.co.uk/doi/10.3828/qs.2022.6>‘.

ISSUE 73 (2022)

Browse all articles >  <https://www.liverpooluniversitypress.co.uk/toc/qs/75/1>

Read the Special Issue blogpost > <https://liverpooluniversitypress.blog/2023/06/21/quebec-studies-celebrates-40th-anniversary-milestone/>

To recommend a subscription to Québec Studies to your library, please use our email template to contact your librarian<mailto:?subject=Could%20we%20please%20consider%20this%20Journal%20for%20our%20Library?&body=Title:%20Quebec%20Studies%2E%0DURL:%20https://www.liverpooluniversitypress.co.uk/journal/qs>.

All best wishes,

Alice Burns

On behalf of Liverpool University Press