[Linganth] Anthropology News - Call for submissions

Michael Wroblewski wroblewm at gvsu.edu
Tue May 2 13:30:09 UTC 2023

Dear Colleagues,

We are seeking articles for the 2023 Society for Linguistic Anthropology (SLA) section news column of Anthropology News (AN).

AN section columns include

  *   Stories: Short-from explorations of an interesting topic with detail and depth, up to 1,600 words
  *   Photo essays: Six to eight high-quality, visually compelling images + up to 750 words of introductory text
  *   Interviews: A conversation of up to 1,600 words, authored by the interviewer and interviewee. These are intended to be engaging first-person dialogues on issues, rather than promotional vehicles for new books, films, exhibits, etc.

We are particularly interested in articles that focus on current world events, current topics or initiatives in linguistic anthropology, fieldwork experiences, or career advice, that would interest a broad audience of readers.

Examples of past articles can be found here:
http://linguisticanthropology.org/features/

If you think you have an idea for an article, we encourage you to reach out to the co-editors as soon as possible to see if the article might be a good fit for the SLA section news column of Anthropology News. We provide strong editorial support to authors and turn-around from submission to publication is quick. Submissions from graduate students and undergraduate students co-authored with faculty are encouraged. AN section news columns are a great place to publish shorter articles and articles on a range of topics in addition to research (e.g., teaching, mentoring, professional development, reflections on the state of the (sub-)discipline, etc.).

If you are interested in submitting an article to the SLA section news column of AN, please reach out to the co-editors: Sarah Muir (smuir at ccny.cuny.edu<mailto:smuir at ccny.cuny.edu>) and Michael Wroblewski (wroblewm at gvsu.edu<mailto:wroblewm at gvsu.edu>).

Thanks for your consideration!

Michael and Sarah

--
Michael Wroblewski, Ph.D.
Associate Professor and Department Chair