[Linganth] Looking for Contributions to the Oxford Research Encyclopedia of Anthropology

Steven Patrick Black sblack at gsu.edu
Mon May 15 17:18:25 UTC 2023

Dear all,
I’m writing to you in my capacity as a senior editor for the Oxford Research Encyclopedia (ORE) of Anthropology. The ORE is hoping to add more entries to its linguistic anthropology section. Please get in touch with me (sblack at gsu.edu<mailto:sblack at gsu.edu>) if you and/or your advanced graduate students are interested in contributing. A list of proposed topics in need of authors are below. I’d also be happy to hear suggestions for other topics.

This type of writing involves summarizing a topic with one’s own scholarly perspective for an audience of advanced students and scholars. It can be a good way to round out one’s writing portfolio and/or a good way for advanced grad students and junior colleagues to get some experience with editorial processes and publishing.

TOPICS IN NEED OF AUTHORS:
Writing Culture
Language and Racism
Psycholinguistics
Sociolinguistics
Semiotics
Conversation Analysis
Language and Gender
Language and Law

Thanks in advance, and take care!
Steve

Steven P. Black
(One of the great things about email is that it is asynchronous mediated communication. Therefore, please do not expect an immediate response)
Associate Professor and Director of Graduate Studies/ Department of Anthropology / Georgia State University
National Geographic Explorer (2021-2022)
Treasurer / Society for Medical Anthropology / American Anthropological Association
Senior Editor / Oxford Research Encyclopedia of Anthropology
The Global Health Discourse Project<http://sites.gsu.edu/sblack/> / GSU Anthropology<https://anthropology.gsu.edu/> / Book: Speech and Song at the Margins of Global Health<https://www.rutgersuniversitypress.org/speech-and-song-at-the-margins-of-global-health/9780813597713>
*Graduate student forms can be found HERE<https://cas.gsu.edu/academics-admissions/required-milestones/>*