[Linganth] Needed: Graduate students willing to run for AAA Executive Board

Jennifer Guzman guzman at geneseo.edu
Mon Oct 9 16:28:23 UTC 2023

Dear SLA colleagues,

To follow up on my message from last week, we are in particular need of
graduate students who are interested in serving in AAA leadership. *The
Student Seat on the AAA Executive Board is up for election, and we really
need nominees for this seat. *

If you are a faculty member who has a graduate student with leadership
skills, please reach out to me (guzman at geneseo.edu) with their name and
email, so I can reach out to them and see if this is a role they are
interested in. I don't teach graduate courses, so I need your help with
finding good candidates for this role!

More information:

Please nominate a great colleague (or yourself!) for a role *today* to help
ensure we can put together a solid slate for elections. *Nominations +
accompanying documents must be completed by October 15*.

Below are the seats that are up for nomination and election this cycle.

AAA Executive Board

   - Secretary
   - Cultural Seat

*   - Student Seat*   - Undesignated Seat #1
   - Undesignated Seat #2

AAA Nominations Committee

   - Practicing/Professional Seat
   - Minority Seat

Learn more about the roles and responsibilities for each position.
<https://americananthro.org/about/committees-and-task-forces/>

Any AAA member can nominate themself or another AAA member for one of the
open
positions by filling out a nomination form
<
https://forms.americananthro.org/nomination-support-letter/?_gl=1*1ihrnqn*_ga*MTE2MTU1NDczLjE2OTYzNTQwMzc.*_ga_NHV0Y97DC9*MTY5NjM1NzIzMS4yLjEuMTY5NjM1ODY4Ny41NS4wLjA
.>.

If there is someone you would like to suggest for a role, you can also let
me know their contact information, and I will be happy to reach out to ask
them.

I am happy to answer any questions you have about AAA leadership roles, the
nomination process or your potential interest in throwing your hat in the
ring!

Best regards,
Jennifer Guzman
Linguistic Seat, AAA Nominations Committee

--
Jennifer R. Guzmán, PhD (she/her/*ella*)
Associate Professor of Anthropology

The Department of Anthropology acknowledges that SUNY Geneseo stands within
the historic homeland of the Onöndowa’ga:’ of the Six Nations of
Haudenosaunee, now of the Seneca Nation of Indians (New York); Tonawanda
Band of Seneca (New York); Seneca-Cayuga Nation (Oklahoma); and Six Nations
of the Grand River (Ontario).