[Linganth] ELAN Workshop 26 October - Janet Connor with Salomé Molina

Doughan,Y Y.Doughan at lse.ac.uk
Fri Oct 13 09:17:25 UTC 2023

Dear all,

Please join us for our next European Linguistic Anthropology Network - ELAN Workshop on 26 October at 12:15pm London time (please note the time zone, currently BST). We will be discussing Janet Connor's paper "Hearing similarity and difference in gentrifying Oslo." Salomé Molina will serve as discussant.

As usual, the meeting will take place over Zoom using the following link:

https://lse.zoom.us/j/88362022203?pwd=K3NtZ2xUVDlINFJheERhdExxZ3ZFdz09

Meeting ID: 883 6202 2203
Passcode: 744713

Please email the workshop coordinator, Yazan Doughan, at y.doughan at lse.ac.uk<mailto:y.doughan at lse.ac.uk> if you would like to attend to receive a copy of the paper.

The ELAN Online Workshop facilitates monthly meetings for ELAN members to share pre-circulated works in progress with like-minded colleagues from across Europe and beyond. Over the past few years, numerous scholars shared their research and received friendly, constructive feedback. The workshop has become a fruitful event where ELAN members exchange insights, inspiration, encouragement, and practical tips. There are two formats for this year's meetings:
1. Works-in-progress: members can share an article-length piece of writing to be pre-circulated through the ELAN listserv 2 weeks prior to the presentation date. We will start with a short (5-10 minute) presentation by the paper author. This will be followed by short discussant comments (5-10 minutes) and a general discussion. All participants are asked to read the pre-circulated texts in advance.

2. Reading Group: members can suggest a book to read and discuss together. Each reading group meeting will have one coordinator, who invites each participant to talk about their thoughts on the book (2 - 5 minutes) in the beginning of the meeting, and then leads the open discussion.

If you would like to present a paper at the workshop yourself, or suggest a text to read together, please feel free to sign up using the online sheet at https://docs.google.com/document/d/1W496Hw2j--QSkBelIP_byHf_1tiwCdkucNki-0KFe8k/edit. We still have November and December open!

We look forward to seeing you all at the workshop on the 26th.

Best wishes,

Yazan