[Linganth] CUNY Linguistic Anthropology Ph.D. Program Information Session (Please Circulate)

Sarah Muir smuir at ccny.cuny.edu
Fri Oct 27 01:56:57 UTC 2023

Dear Colleagues,

Please share this information with your undergraduate and/or MA students!

The CUNY Graduate Center welcomes applications for its Ph.D. Program in Linguistic Anthropology. Situated within a politically engaged, public university in the heart of New York City, our program offers a unique opportunity to students who are eager to engage in rich cross-subfield training and exchange. Our program provides a vibrant linguistic anthropological community with a robust faculty, extensive mentorship, exciting student research, and a critical mass of scholarly engagement within and outside of the CUNY Graduate Center. We encourage you to learn more about the program and about faculty and student research: https://www.gc.cuny.edu/anthropology/subfields/linguistic-anthropology

The program offers generous fellowship packages, with every student guaranteed a 5-year tuition fellowship and some awards offering a combined work and fellowship package exceeding $37,000 per academic year and including eligibility for low-cost individual or family NYSHIP health insurance.

We will host a one-hour online information session about our PhD program on Nov 6 at 12pm EST. Join us to meet some current PhD students and faculty and to get to know more about our program at the CUNY Graduate Center! Join the info session here: https://ccny.zoom.us/j/84688273628?pwd=RHVGbUgwMDBwWkJBeG0wZjJoK2xQdz09

Applications for admission to the program for 2024-2025 are Due December 1. Students can find more information about the program, funding, graduate student research, and recent alumni on our website: https://www.gc.cuny.edu/anthropology

For questions about the program or the application process, email Sarah Muir, Linguistic Anthropology Subfield Coordinator (smuir at ccny.cuny.edu<mailto:smuir at ccny.cuny.edu>).

[https://lh7-us.googleusercontent.com/3sYLR_eTsQkfxTCF4v63-zPsi4cVPanO4moHuvYJW7J3SDhfBmcB9iyiVuVhTO26A_0Sj09lOZrK1Nur6fdVFDfSld9b52DPXWwHTK5HGYi-gCrxj6_FxKCatKj4otp6FeI1_98qgn7do6rJf0Se-ns]

Sarah Muir, Ph.D. (she)

Associate Professor
Department of Anthropology and Interdisciplinary Programs, City College
Linguistic Anthropology, CUNY Graduate Center

Director, International Studies Program, City College
Subfield Coordinator, Linguistic Anthropology, CUNY Graduate Center

Fall 2023 office hours (NAC 7/114B, City College)
  Wednesdays 11:30am-1:00pm
  Thursdays 12:30-2:00pm
  or by appointment