[Linganth] looking for a good colleague at UMass Amherst

Lynnette Arnold larnold at anthro.umass.edu
Thu Apr 11 17:15:08 UTC 2024

The UMass Amherst department of Anthropology is looking for candidates who
specialize in linguistic-cultural anthropology for a possible visiting
lectureship next AY.  We would be especially interested in those with a
strong record of teaching introductory and methods-based courses in
cultural and linguistic anthropology, and who are able to teach smaller
undergraduate courses – ideally contributing to our program in medical
anthropology and global health.

The right candidate could have a potential start date of 9/1/24.

UMass Amherst is a nationally ranked public research university offering a
full range of undergraduate, graduate and professional degrees. Located in
Western Massachusetts, it offers a rich cultural environment in a bucolic
setting close to major urban centers. In addition, the University is part
of the Five Colleges (including Amherst College, Hampshire College, Mount
Holyoke College, and Smith College), which adds to the intellectual energy
of the region.

Please contact Chair of the Anthropology Department Julie Hemment with
questions.

jhemment at umass.edu