[Linganth] 2014 LANSI Call for Proposals

Waring, Hansun hz30 at tc.columbia.edu
Sun Mar 10 15:43:28 UTC 2024

Dear Colleagues:

We are delighted to announce the Call for Proposals for our 12th LANSI
conference! This year, we will continue to experiment with: (1) a more
streamlined abstract with fewer required components and (2) the 10-10
format (10 minute presentation + 10 minutes Q&A) to encourage a sharper
focus on core elements of the project and allow for more discussion time.

**

The 12th annual meeting of

*The Language and Social Interaction Working Group (LANSI)*

**

Teachers College, Columbia University

New York City

October 18-19 (Fri & Sat), 2024

*INVITED SPEAKERS *

Mary Bucholtz & Erika Prado, UCSB

Phillip Glenn, Emerson College

*CALL FOR PROPOSALS*

LANSI brings together students and scholars working on
naturally-occurring data within the broad area of language and social
interaction. In keeping with the LANSI spirit of diversity and dialog,
we welcome abstracts from colleagues working on a variety of topics
using discourse analytic approaches that include but are not limited to
conversation analysis, interactional sociolinguistics, linguistic
anthropology, and critical discourse analysis. Abstracts should be
*no longer than 250 words* and should include descriptions of the
following aspects of the study: (1) research question; (2) data and
method; (3) key finding with a short illustrative data segment. Please
also include a *50-word summary*.

Abstracts will be blind-reviewed on the basis of clarity, specificity,
originality, and the inclusion of the required components. Papers will
be presented within a *10-minute slot with an additional 10 minutes *for
discussion.

Deadline for electronic submission is *June 15, 2024*. Notification of
acceptance or otherwise will be sent via email by *mid-July, 2024*. For
additional information and to submit an abstract, please visit:
www.tc.edu/lansi <http://www.tc.edu/lansi>.

Conference Co-chairs

Hansun Zhang Waring
Kelly Frantz