23 hours left, hundreds needed!

LINGUIST Network linguist at linguistlist.org
Tue Apr 5 17:34:13 UTC 2005

LINGUIST List Summary: 24 Hour Dash!

Moderators: Anthony Aristar, Wayne State U. <aristar at linguistlist.org>
Helen Aristar-Dry, Eastern Michigan U. <hdry at linguistlist.org>

Reviews (reviews at linguistlist.org) Sheila Collberg, U. of Arizona
Terry Langendoen, U. of Arizona

Homepage: http://linguistlist.org/

The LINGUIST List Fund Drive is now on! We need to raise $2000 today
to continue! Please visit http://linguistlist.org/donate.html now!

1) Date: 05-Apr-2005 From: linguist < linguist at linguistlist.org >
Subject: Help LINGUIST raise $2000 in 24 Hours!

2) Date: 05-Apr-2005 From: linguist < linguist at linguistlist.org >
Subject: How to donate...

3) Date: 05-Apr-2005 From: linguist < linguist at linguistlist.org >
Subject: Thank you to all our fellow 24-dashers!

Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2005 13:03:09
From:  linguist < linguist at linguistlist.org >

Fund Drive 2005 is now on! Visit http://linguistlist.org/donate.html to donate now!

Dear Readers,

A generous LINGUIST subscriber has offered to donate $2000 (with a matching
$2000 funds from her employer) if LINGUIST can raise $2000 in 24 hours!

Help us maintain the services you've come to expect, by contributing to this
urgent drive for funds!

Here's what LINGUIST advisor John Lawler had to say about our services:

LINGUIST runs on less than a shoestring. Any public radio station has to raise
hundreds of thousands of dollars every year; LINGUIST is shooting for a goal of
$48,000 this year. . . .Think about it, for you American linguists-- do you get
anything like as much service from your NPR or PBS station as you do from
LINGUIST? Day and night, 24/7, every day of the year, you can look up *anything*
on LINGUIST that has to do with language or linguistics.

And yet LINGUIST still needs your support. And has to go on for weeks and weeks
to get it. PBS and NPR only need one week to raise much more money. If you
contribute to them, why not to LINGUIST?

Even if *you* could, with a clear conscience, say that *you* don't use LINGUIST
that much, I have news for you: your students do. At least, the ones who'd like
to get a job eventually do. And the ones who really want to find something in
the most efficient way do. And the ones who need to communicate with the
profession as a whole do. And the ones who are concerned with the future of our
profession do. That is to say, your best students do, even if you don't.

So, why haven't we seen *your* name on the list of contributors to
LINGUIST?
<<<<<

Please, please, please donate now and help us raise that magically tripling $2000.

Thank you,
Your LINGUIST Crew