LINGUIST List: Only $3170 Left to End Fund Drive!

Mon Apr 17 15:40:35 UTC 2006

LINGUIST List Special Issue: Alert: Only $3170 Left to End Fund Drive!

Moderators: Anthony Aristar, Wayne State U. <aristar at linguistlist.org>
            Helen Aristar-Dry, Eastern Michigan U. <hdry at linguistlist.org>

Reviews (reviews at linguistlist.org)
        Sheila Dooley, U. of Arizona
        Terry Langendoen, U. of Arizona

Homepage: http://linguistlist.org/

Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 10:59:36
From:  linguist < linguist at linguistlist.org >
Subject: Take Advantage of the Special Offer

Dear Subscribers,

The Incredible Shrinking Fund Drive is On!

Only $3170 Left to End Fund Drive.

Help End Fund Drive in 1 Day
(or in cruise terms, "we are getting ready to go through customs")!

Donate here:

http://linguistlist.org/donation/index.html

Take advantage of these terrific offers for our Fund Drive donors!

SPECIAL OFFER from MultiLingual magazine (valid until the end of Fund
Drive):
   * a complimentary 1/2 year subscription (4 issues) to MultiLingual
     magazine with a donation of up to $15 US
   * a complimentary 1 year subscription (8 issues) to MultiLingual
     magazine with a donation of $15 US or more

>From Continuum:
   * a 35% discount on any linguistics books until July 1, 2006
     with any donation

With many thanks!
The LINGUIST Crew

Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 10:59:38
From:  linguist < linguist at linguistlist.org >
Subject: Meet Former LINGUIST Managing Editor Karen Milligan

Check this out!

Former LINGUIST Managing Editor Karen Milligan is being featured on
our Linguist of the Day page.

Previously featured linguists:

Lyle Campbell
Dan Everett
Terry Langendoen
Jeff Heath
Keren Rice
Oesten Dahl
Juan Uriagereka
Deborah Tannen
Jeff Allen
Alice Harris

Read their stories here:

http://linguistlist.org/linguist-of-day.html

In addition to showcasing famous linguists who have been influential
in our lives, we'd also like to shine some light on former LINGUIST
Listers who have gone on to bigger and better (is it possible to be
better than LINGUIST?) things. With the help of subscriber donations,
these "LINGUISTs of the Day" were able to complete their M.A. degrees.
Please donate now so we can keep these success stories coming!

http://linguistlist.org/donation/index.html

We'd like to thank all of the linguists who have contributed their
stories.

Sincerely,

-The LINGUIST Graduate Students

-------------------------Message 3 ----------------------------------
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006
From:  linguist < linguist at linguistlist.org >
Subject: How to donate...

This Year the LINGUIST List hopes to raise $52,932. This money will go
to help keep the List running by supporting all of our Student Editors
for the coming year.

There are many ways to donate to LINGUIST!

You can donate right now using our secure credit card form.

Alternatively you can also pledge right now and pay later.

For all information on donating and pledging, including information on
how to donate by check, money order, or wire transfer, please visit:

http://linguistlist.org/donate.html

The LINGUIST List is under the umbrella of Eastern Michigan University
and as such can receive donations through the EMU Foundation, which is
a registered 501(c) Non Profit organization. Our Federal Tax number is
38-6005986. These donations can be offset against your federal and
sometimes your state tax return (U.S. tax payers only). For more
information visit the IRS Web-Site, or contact your financial advisor.

Many companies also offer a gift matching program, such that they will
match any gift you make to a non-profit organization. Normally this
entails your contacting your human resources department and sending us
a form that the EMU Foundation fills in and returns to your
employer. This is generally a simple administrative procedure that
doubles the value of your gift to LINGUIST, without costing you an
extra penny. Please take a moment to check if your company operates
such a program.

Note: the donors' names are appended to every fund drive message sent
to the main list. You can also see the list of all donors by clicking
here:

http://linguistlist.org/donation/contributors2006.html