LINGUIST List: So Close!

Tue Apr 18 17:40:24 UTC 2006

LINGUIST List Special Issue: So Close!

Moderators: Anthony Aristar, Wayne State U. <aristar at linguistlist.org>
            Helen Aristar-Dry, Eastern Michigan U. <hdry at linguistlist.org>

Reviews (reviews at linguistlist.org)
        Sheila Dooley, U. of Arizona
        Terry Langendoen, U. of Arizona

Homepage: http://linguistlist.org/

Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 12:23:29
From:  linguist < linguist at linguistlist.org >
Subject: The End of Fund Drive is Near--Only $1,915 To Go!

Dear Subscribers,

During the Advisor Dash last Tuesday, over 150 of you generously
donated a total of $2,000 in less than 4 hours.  Can another 150 of
you do a repeat performance?

We only need another $1,915 enable us to keep going through the year.
You can end Fund Drive today!  If you have been thinking about
donating, but have not done so yet, please do so now:
http://linguistlist.org/donate.html

Look at the benefits of donating today:

- Promote your school on the Grad School Challenge Leader Board:

The University of Stanford has been the leader through most of the
fund drive, but the University of Massachusetts, Amherst, the
University of Arizona and the University of Washington, Seattle, have
all generously donated more than $1,000 each and are sitting proudly
at the top.  Where is your school?  Doesn't it deserve a more
illustrious position?  If you wait to donate, it might be too late!
Remember, the top six schools will receive a prize!  See the LINGUIST
List homepage (http://linguistlist.org/) for more details on prizes
and http://linguistlist.org/allschools.html for the Leader Board.

- Receive a free subscription to _Multilingual_:

Every donor will receive a free half year subscription (four issues)
to _Multilingual_.  If you donate $15 or more, you will receive a full
year subscription of eight issues!  See http://multilingual.com/ to
see more about this publication.

- Get a 35% discount at Continuum:

Every donor will receive a 35% discount on linguistics books ordered
before July 1, 2006.  Find out more about Continuum at
        http://www.continuumbooks.com/ .

- Look cool in a new-style LINGUIST List T-shirt:

Do you feel dizzy or lost trying to keep up with ever-changing campus
fashions?  Worry no longer!  If you donate $40 or more, you can choose
to receive a stylish new LINGUIST List t-shirt in one of two fashion-
forward colors.  All the hip young kids are wearing them.  Or so we are
led to believe.

If you do not feel the need to slavishly follow fashion, then an extra
t-shirt is an extra day to put off doing laundry.  Whatever your
attitudes to fashion are, you will always win by donating to LINGUIST.

We also have other premiums available, like aprons, totebags, bandanas
and bibs.  Choose your favorite at
        http://linguistlist.org/premiums.html .

If you never thought you'd need a bandana, visit
        http://linguistlist.org/bandanas.html
and be convinced otherwise.

- End Fund Drive today!

Yes, this is also a benefit.  Just imagine: fewer emails and easier
website navigation on Fridays.  Plus, if you donate today, our poor
fund drive coordinators can stop writing fund drive letters and start
writing end of term papers.  (It's the middle of April, you know.)

The end is near ... Fund Drive can be over today if we receive just
$1,915 more!

Please help us reach our goal of $52,932 today:

        http://linguistlist.org/donate

For all of you have donated already: thank you, thank you.  Without
you, we wouldn't be here.

Sincerely,
- The LINGUIST Graduate Crew