LINGUIST List: Many thanks to you all!

Wed Apr 19 16:43:19 UTC 2006

LINGUIST List Special Issue: Many thanks to you all!

Moderators: Anthony Aristar, Wayne State U. <aristar at linguistlist.org>
            Helen Aristar-Dry, Eastern Michigan U. <hdry at linguistlist.org>

Reviews (reviews at linguistlist.org)
        Sheila Dooley, U. of Arizona
        Terry Langendoen, U. of Arizona

Homepage: http://linguistlist.org/

Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 12:22:32
From:  linguist < linguist at linguistlist.org >
Subject: Thank you all: Fund Drive is over!

Dear Subscribers,

You did it!  Last night, we exceeded our goal of $52,932.  Fund Drive
2006 is officially over, and we'd like to thank all of you donors for
your generosity.  Your support means that LINGUIST will be able to
continue for another year!

There are also several groups of people we'd like to send a special
thanks to:

* Grad School Challenge coordinators and all participants.

The Grad School Challenge is always an important part of Fund Drive,
and this year, the Grad School Challenge raised over $40,000 for
LINGUIST.  Congratulations to Stanford, the winner of the 2006
Challenge with a donation of $3,426!  We will soon be sending another
message highlighting the Grad School Challenge.

* The LINGUIST List Advisors and anyone who donated during the
  Advisors' Challenge.

Our amazing advisors were always ready to offer advice and
(constructive) criticism about our fundraising efforts.  This year,
they also challenged LINGUIST subscribers to raise $2,500 in 24 hours.
When subscribers answered the challenge and raised the money in less
than 5 hours, our advisors donated an additional $1,600 on top of the
what they had already donated!  Tuesday, April 11, 2006 will go down
in LINGUIST Fund Drive history; over $4,000 was raised in just 5
hours!

* All the publishers and subscribers who donated prizes for the 2006
  Fund Drive

Generous supporting publishers and subscribers donated well over 100
prizes to this year's Fund Drive.  These prizes were used in the
games, puzzles, and activities we created for your enjoyment on our
Fund Drive Cruise site and on Fun Ddrive Ffridays.  We would also like
to thank _Multilingual_ magazine and Continuum for generously offering
a bonus for every Fund Drive donor.  Be on the lookout for a special
issue listing all of our prizewinners.

Once again, thank you from the bottom of our (exhausted, yet
exhilarated) hearts.  This year's Fund Drive has been one of our most
successful Fund Drives yet, thanks to you.  We hope you enjoyed our
efforts, and please feel free to send any suggestions for next year's
Fund Drive to linguist at linguistlist.org.

For those of you who still want to donate, we happily and gratefully
accept donations all year long.  To make a donation, please visit

    http://linguistlist.org/donate

(We couldn't resist one last plug!)

Thank you,

The LINGUIST Crew