Special Issue: Bill VanPatten Challenges the Language

Thu Apr 16 02:30:31 UTC 2009

To: linglite at listserv.linguistlist.org
Subject: Special Issue: Bill VanPatten Challenges the Language

--------------------- Message 1 ----------------------------
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 00:01:06
From:  linguist [[log in to unmask]]
Subject: Bill VanPatten Challenges the Language Acquisitionists!

Dear Subscribers,

One of our very own subscribers and supporter, Bill VanPatten,
have brought up a new challenge to all 2nd language
acquisitionists. He believes that there are plenty of LINGUIST
readers who appreciate the information that they receive from
LINGUIST in the field of second language acquisition.

He poses today a challenge in his own words:

"second language acquisitionists also read Linguist List and
use it. I will donate an additional $500 if 10 second language
acquisitionists together donate $500 today. In addition, I will
match the final amount donated up to $1000! So, if second
language acquisitionists donate $955 like the syntacticians,
I'll donate $955 instead of $500."

This is an outstanding challenge! Make your donation be worth
much more by contributing today! Any amount you donate today
will be worth double! And we all know what that means: Fund
Drive will end MUCH faster!

Make this be the day that you raise yourself and help your
colleagues in a team effort to support LINGUIST!

Donate now at:

The LINGUIST Crew