LINGUIST List Special Issue: Fund Drive

Sun Apr 10 01:31:19 UTC 2011

LINGUIST List Special Issue: Fund Drive

	 Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin-Madison
	 Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
	 Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison
         <reviews at linguistlist.org>

Homepage: http://linguistlist.org/

Date: Sat, 09 Apr 2011 08:23:31
From:  linguist [linguist at linguistlist.org]
Subject: I'm Always Thrilled to See Subscribers Responding

Dear LINGUIST List subscribers,

As a second year master's student in linguistics at Eastern Michigan
University, I know that I am only here because of generous donations
that you have made in the past. Please consider donating again so that
students such as myself can continue to pursue their studies while
offering the latest resources in linguistics:

I began at LINGUIST as an intern in May 2009, thinking that I would
only be in Ypsilanti, Michigan for 3 to 4 months and yet here I am in
2011 as a graduate student supported by the LINGUIST community. I never
foresaw that I would stay at Eastern Michigan University as a graduate
student, work on LINGUIST projects such as MultiTree, attend and organize
linguistics workshops and conferences, and correspond with linguists from
all over the world. The opportunities that we receive here will help us
go on to make contributions in our field and beyond.

I am the Queries and Summaries editor, two areas which I believe
exemplify the community that we have on The LINGUIST List. Queries
is an incredible area where readers can help cultivate new avenues of
research by sharing the knowledge and insight they possess. Not only
does this information benefit the Query submitters, but the suggestions,
resources, and advice provided are also given back to the rest of
the community through our Summary submissions.

I'm always thrilled to see subscribers responding to Query submissions
and when a Summary is submitted. I genuinely believe this is something
special and that you are not likely to see this sort of community
involvement elsewhere.

If you donate today, you will ensure that such services for the community
will continue, as well as support the work of students like myself. I
greatly appreciate any donations that ensure more students will have the
same opportunities that I had these last two years:

Thank you so much for your generosity!

Danielle St. Jean
Queries and Summaries Editor
The LINGUIST List