LINGUIST List Special Issue: Fund Drive - March 2, 2011

Thu Mar 3 16:36:56 UTC 2011

LINGUIST List Special Issue: Fund Drive

	 Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin-Madison
	 Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
	 Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison
         <reviews at linguistlist.org>

Homepage: http://linguistlist.org/

Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2011 09:51:12
From:  linguist [linguist at linguistlist.org]

It is hard to believe that LINGUIST has been part of my life
for something like 20 years!  I don.t think I was one of the
original 78 subscribers, but I know I was there early, excited
by the potential of this new mode of professional communication.
During the early years when LINGUIST stood alone as the forum
for discussions on theory, data, professional development, and
everything else we could think of, I participated and profited
from interaction of a kind we had not even thought of earlier.
Of course the list has evolved and discussions of theory and
data have largely moved to more specialized lists.  But I still
count on LinguistList for conference calls for papers and programs,
queries (and the generous answers from around the world), new
books and dissertations.  And the entire LINGUIST site has an
amazing array of linguistic resources for all of us, however
long we.ve been in the field.

Because I think so highly of these contributions to the entire
discipline of Linguistics, I feel honored to be an Advisor.
Working with Helen, Anthony, the LINGUISTcrew, and my fellow
Advisors is a pleasure, and helping with decision-making makes
me feel that I am giving back to an organization that has
contributed so much to all of us.  Who doesn.t like being asked
for opinions?  As the next paragraph will remind everyone as well,
I am also a shameless letter-writer for the annual fund drive and
look forward to continuing that role this year too.

And I can continue right here: there is as obvious way for
everyone, not just the Advisors, to show gratitude for LINGUIST,
not just for the discussion listserv, but for the many resources
and services that have been added over the years.  LINGUIST needs
your donations, large and small, to keep running.   Now is the
time to support this mainstay of Linguistics by donating!

Thank you to the LINGUIST crew for making me one of the spokespersons
for the Advisors this year.  And thank you to everyone for donating
to LINGUIST!

Donate at: https://linguistlist.org/donation/donate/donate1.cfm

Margaret Winters
LINGUIST Adviser