LINGUIST List Special Issue: Fund Drive

Wed Mar 9 20:13:59 UTC 2011

LINGUIST List Special Issue: Fund Drive

	 Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin-Madison
	 Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
	 Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison
         <reviews at linguistlist.org>

Homepage: http://linguistlist.org/

Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2011 08:11:35
From:  linguist [linguist at linguistlist.org]
Subject: You Are the Reason We Are Here

Dear LINGUIST List Subscribers,

I want to begin this letter with a thank you. My tenure at LINGUIST
List began this past fall semester after I was accepted to the Master's
program in Linguistics at Eastern Michigan University. Within minutes
of my first day on the job I came to realize how important each and
every one of you is to our continued operation. You are the reason I
have been able to complement my graduate studies with hands-on experience
that goes above and beyond the classroom. Thank you for your generous
donations and your continued patronage to our web service.

Your support allows me to edit and post your FYI submissions and your
new journal announcements. With your contributions and patronage, I am
able to enter lexicons into the LEGO database and tag their grammatical
information to GOLD, thus familiarizing myself with XML and the importance
of interoperability. Every task I complete at LINGUIST List is done with
your generous support in mind.

Since LINGUIST List is a non-profit organization, your contribution is
essential to maintain our operations. Amounts such as $5.00, $10.00, or
$15.00 would go a long way toward meeting our goal. Please donate at:

Again, thank you!

Sincerely,

Brent Miller
Student Editor