LINGUIST List Special Issue: Fund Drive

Wed Mar 16 14:18:21 UTC 2011

LINGUIST List Special Issue: Fund Drive

	 Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin-Madison
	 Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
	 Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison
         <reviews at linguistlist.org>

Homepage: http://linguistlist.org/

Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2011 10:16:11
From:  linguist [linguist at linguistlist.org]
Subject: Subfield Challenge Has Started!

Dear Subscribers,

The well aclaimed Linguistic Subfield challenge
is about to start! March 16 through March 22, we
will be running the subfield challenge.

How does it work? When you donate, you will see a
drop down to select the linguistic subfield that
you want your contribution to apply to. We had a
heated competition last year and several subfields
tried until the last minute to be the one at the
top.

To spice things up from the get go, we have Bill
VanPatten, a language acquisitionist, who is willing
to lead his subfield:

"[I have] just made my annual donation, but would like
to challenge my fellow acquisitionists and processing
experts. If they send in at least $500 collectively
during the subfield challenge, I will donate an
additional $500. Write those checks, everyone!"

Will the language acquisitionists lead this competition?
Will syntacticians try to steal the lead? Which
subfield will end on top? It is all up to you!

Donate now at:

Maria Moreno-Rollins
Fund Drive Coordinator