LINGUIST List Special Issue: Fund Drive - New Linguist of the Day!

Mon Mar 21 15:58:54 UTC 2011

LINGUIST List Special Issue: Fund Drive

	 Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin-Madison
	 Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
	 Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison
         <reviews at linguistlist.org>

Homepage: http://linguistlist.org/

Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2011 09:34:09
From:  linguist [linguist at linguistlist.org]
Subject: Subfield Challenge Update

Dear Subscribers,

We have a few challenges going on at this time!
Exciting times!

Grad School Challenge:
In the graduate school challenge, we have a
change in the lead! University of California,
Santa Barbara is now the leader. Will it stay
in that position or will another school claim
the top?

Donate at:

Subfield Challenge:
The current standings are:
Lang Acq/Psycholing	 $2,110.00
sociolinguistics	 $1,130.00
syntax	                   $710.00
Phonetics	           $560.00
Phonology 	           $325.00
Historical Ling   	   $270.00
Semantics	           $230.00
Discipline of Linguistics  $200.00
Morphology	           $155.00
Computational Ling 	   $110.00
Applied Ling	           $105.00
Anthropological Ling 	   $100.00
Discourse Analysis	   $100.00
Pragmatics	            $95.00
Lang Documentation	    $75.00
Neurolinguistics	    $75.00
Linguistic Theories	    $50.00
Text/Corpus Ling	    $50.00
Ling & Literature	    $20.00
Typology 	            $15.00
Lexicography	            $10.00

Donate at:

Sociolinguistic Challenge:
Roger Shuy is challenging all other sociolinguists
to contribute a total of $1000 today and tomorrow.
If that goal if met, he will donate another
$500 himself, making Sociolinguistics the leader!

So far, sociolinguists have collected at total of
$330 for this challenge. Only another $700 to go
in order to get the $500 extra from Roger Shuy!

Donate at:

Late last week we had a challenge for donors to
win some books from Peter Lang. The winners were:

Amanda Brown
Sabine Zerbian
Maria Cristina Cuervo
Ricardo Etxepare