The Saga Continues at the Data Graveyard!

Fri Mar 9 16:17:54 UTC 2012

Dear LINGUIST List Subscribers,

Last week, we asked you to choose the next adventure
to be embarked upon by the heroes of the Illocutionary
Force. You voted with your donations, and we must tell
you, it was a staggeringly close competition! Just under
half of you voted for our adventurers to traverse the Tenuous
Career Path, while slightly more than half of you elected to
send them to the ghastly Data Graveyard. Accordingly, this
week's story will find our heroes face to face with the Data
Graveyard and the horrors therein.

To whet your appetites, here's a snippet from this week's
chapter of the LINGQUEST Saga:

"Proto Baggins shivered. 'Are you sure we're going the right
way, L2? This landscape is awfully grim and foreboding. Not at
all what I expected, given our destination."

'I've checked the LL-MAP twice.' Second Lieutenant peered at
the mystical scroll, upon which any user could chart and
retrieve locations instantaneously. 'This is definitely
the route. After we traverse the treacherous Bluffs of
Nonstandard Transcription, we should find ourselves very
near the Data Graveyard...'"

Read the entirety of Chapter Two (which, we must
caution you, is both terrifying and thought-provoking)
over at the Saga page:

http://linguistlist.org/fund-drive/2012/saga.cfm

Happy reading, LINGQUESTers!

Yours,