LL-MAP gave me an appreciation for field linguistics

Sat Mar 10 16:13:03 UTC 2012

Dear LINGUIST List Subscribers,

My name is Karrie Kuecker and I have been a research assistant at The
LINGUIST List since September 2010. I'd like to take this opportunity
to thank all of you for supporting The LINGUIST List; this wonderful
opportunity would not be possible if not for the donations our subscribers.
Please donate to this year's Fund Drive to keep the organization thriving:

During my time at LINGUIST I have been exposed to several different aspects
of the discipline, including allowing me the opportunity to be a member of
the LL-MAP (Language and Location: A Map Annotation Project, www.llmap.org).
During my time on LL-MAP, I have developed an appreciation for field
linguistics,
and have also learned a lot about digitizing print media, and how to display
information in a manner that is accessible to all those within the
discipline.

In addition to my work on LL-MAP, I also maintain the Web Resources area
of the
LINGUIST site which provides links to external sites and features that
maybe of
interest to and are freely accessible by everyone, and the
‘Ask-A-Linguist’ area
of the website, which allows anyone with linguistic questions to pose their
questions to a panel of professional linguists. I also co-administer all
of the
listserv for all of the e-mail lists that LINGUIST List hosts and mirrors,
and
am an active member of the ‘Tech Team,’ helping to keep the computers in the
office running smoothly. These varied tasks have exposed me to many different
aspects and opportunities available within the field of linguistics, and have
helped to shape both my academic and professional goals.

Here at LINGUIST, we rely on donations from subscribers to fund students.
Your donations allow us to keep working and develop new tools for the
linguistic community. Now more than ever, we need your help.

Please consider donating today. Whether you can donate $5 or $50, it
is worth it!

Best regards,
Karrie Kuecker