Help us maintain our projects and resources

Sun Mar 11 17:30:57 UTC 2012

Dear LINGUIST List Subscribers,

My name is Lili Xia and I am a graduate student originally
from China. I joined LINGUIST List in May 2011 and I have
had a remarkable experience in working here as an editor.
I received my undergraduate degree in English Linguistics
and English Literature from Eastern Michigan University.
I was fortunate enough to have joined the LINGUIST LIST
where I can optimize my education and working experience.

LL has offered many training opportunities, and I
have learned an extraordinary amount of skills in
this organization which will help me on my way to
becoming a professional linguist.

To help keep this organization alive and providing
valuable training for futures linguists, please donate
again to this year's fund drive at:

http://linguistlist.org/donation/donate/donate1.cfm

Over the past year, my major duties are editing and posting
Student Support and Internship sections on the website.
Additionally, I have conducted research on endangered
languages, such as Australian languages, for MULTITREE
project. I am also on the LEGO team, working with
lexicon collaborators and creators to digitize their
lexicons into our online database.

As a non-profit research institute, The LINGUIST List
relies on your financial support via donations to continue
its operation. Without your generous support, The LINGUIST
List as you know it today would cease to exist, because
the organization would not be able to employ the graduate
students who process your submissions, maintain the databases
and web pages as well as provide other useful services
to the global linguistic community.

I would like to use this opportunity to thank you for
supporting The LINGUIST List. I hope you will continue
to support the organization so that future LINGUIST List
editors will have the opportunity to learn while at the same
time providing high quality service to you.

You can donate $5, $10, $15, $20, $30 or more at:
http://linguistlist.org/donation/donate/donate1.cfm

Very sincere thanks for your donations.

Sincerely,
Lili Xia