AND NOW: Book reviews with more languages!

Wed Mar 21 21:43:36 UTC 2012

Dear LINGUIST List Subscribers,

As the book reviews team for LINGUIST, we're constantly
amazed at the range of books we have the pleasure of
reading about and and reviewers we get to interact with.
Of course, people face real challenges in writing good
reviews quickly. One common challenge is writing in a
language the reviewer doesn't speak natively. When the
book is in a language other than English and its intended
audience is speakers or readers of that language, that
seems to us like an unnecessary challenge. In consultation
with the LINGUIST editors, we've decided to make our book
reviews multilingual, beginning immediately. We will begin
by adding reviews in the languages in which we have
sufficient expertise for editing: Spanish and German.

Another reason to donate to LINGUIST!

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Un cordial saludo,

Veronika Drake, Monica Macaulay, Rajiv Rao,
Joe Salmons, Anja Wanner
Your reviews team