Use LINGUIST to Build Your CV and Find the Perfect Job

Thu Mar 29 00:41:02 UTC 2012

Dear LINGUIST List readers,

Once you've conducted research you're especially proud of,
you may wish to share it with the rest of the linguistics
community. LINGUIST makes it easy to find a venue that is
specific to your interests, and to submit your work for
review! All of your published work can then be attributed
to your name on our site.

To begin, you may wish to create a listing for yourself in
our People Area. Here you can list your affiliations,
degrees, areas of interest/research, and publications.
http://linguistlist.org/people/

Once your People entry is submitted, explore the services
below to help you develop as a professional.

Conferences Area: Here you can browse upcoming conferences
for presenting your research and interacting with linguists
who share your interests:
http://linguistlist.org/callconf/index.cfm

Note: Be sure to check out the active Conference Calls for
Papers listings here:
http://linguistlist.org/callconf/browse-current.cfm?type=Call

Please help keep our Calls and Conferences free!

LINGUIST also maintains a database of Publication information
which contains the following features:

Journals: Look at our Journal listings to find an appropriate
fit for your research. Also, many of the journals use LINGUIST
to announce Calls for Papers:
http://linguistlist.org/pubs/journals/index.cfm

After your information is published, you can announce it as an

Academic Paper: http://linguistlist.org/pubs/papers/index.cfm

or as a

Dissertation (PhD only): http://linguistlist.org/pubs/diss/index.cfm

Books: Have a book? Here is information on how to get your book announced:
http://linguistlist.org/pubs/Authors-Editors.cfm

Reviews: All books announced on our website can also be made
available for review by the Reviews Team at the University of
Wisconsin-Madison. These reviews are often the first reviews
to be distributed to the linguistics community.

Once you've built up your CV, it's time to look for potential
careers in linguistics! "How do I do that?" you may ask. Well,
we've got an area for all your career-finding needs!

Jobs: This popular area is a great resource for finding a
position in linguistics:
http://linguistlist.org/jobs/index.cfm

With 191 active job announcements in our listing, we have one
of the most comprehensive databases on linguistics jobs in
the world. You can choose to either browse the list or search
by such categories as subfield, rank, or location. Because we
only keep active jobs in our browse and search area, all
positions you find are open and relevant to the field.

What if you're looking for fine linguistic students and
researchers? Keep an eye out for tomorrow's letter which
may contain the advice you've been looking for!

If you appreciate the value that our services brings to your
career, please show your support today:

Start sharing your research today!
-The LINGUIST Crew